- http://www.jas-socal.org The Japan America Society of Southern California was founded in 1909 to build economic, cultural, governmental and personal relationships between the people of Japan and America. We are a nonprofit, non-political organization consisting of individuals and corporations with an interest in Japan and in United States–Japan relations. Our Membership includes 120 Corporate, and nearly 2000 Individual Members and consists of approximately 35% Japanese nationals and 65% Americans. The Society offers unique opportunities for members and the general public to become involved in the business and cultural relationship between the two countries. The Japan America Society works to:
* Promote among the American people a more accurate knowledge of the people of Japan, their aims, customs, ideals, arts and sciences, industries, economic conditions, and educational process;
* Serve the peoples of Japan and the United States in fostering mutual understanding between the two nations;
* Serve as an information center in obtaining information relating to Japan and the United States for individuals and organizations;
* Sponsor meetings of distinguished Japanese and Americans for the exchange of knowledge and ideas;
* Assist students in obtaining proper counseling in regard to educational matters;
* Foster education about Japan through bulletins, lectures, special courses, conferences, discussion panels, exhibitions, films and scientific purposes.